2019 Volkswagen Atlas Towing and Performance
The 2019 Volkswagen Atlas is a great midsize family vehicle for the Sterling, VA roads, and not just for its interior comforts and conveniences. The Volkswagen Atlas specs provide you with plenty of features you’ll enjoy, and the VW Atlas performance and towing capacity provide more reasons why you’ll want to bring this model home to Dulles. Learn more about the towing and performance features below before heading to Lindsay Volkswagen.
When it comes to performance, the new Atlas delivers two different engine options for you to choose from. No matter which one you decide to bring home, you’ll get all the power and fuel efficiency you need to create an exciting commute or weekend getaway.
- Standard 2.0L turbo engine generates 235 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque while providing an EPA-estimated 22 city and 26 highway mpg*
- Available 3.6L V6 engine generates 276 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque.
- 4MOTION® with Active Control lets you turn a dial and choose the driving condition you need to handle snow, rain, rough, or dry roads
- 8-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode allow you to control your vehicle manually for more control of your driving experience on the Alexandria roads
Towing and Safety
The new VW Atlas has a 5,000-pound towing capacity, which ensures you can bring small or larger items along for the ride. In addition, this vehicle includes a variety of features that make it easy and safe for you to tow.
- Trailer hitch ensures you can easily connect your tow to your vehicle
- 20-inch wheels provide enhanced grip and traction while on the go
- Electronic Stability Control keeps your vehicle and your tow upright even in harsh conditions
- Anti-lock braking system helps you come to a stop when you need it most
- Hydraulic Brake Assist helps your vehicle come to a stop even when towing larger and heavier items behind you
Test Drive Yours at Lindsay Volkswagen
If you’re ready to see how the 2019 Volkswagen Atlas can handle the roads, then head to Lindsay Volkswagen. Not only do we have a stocked inventory of models for you to choose from, but we also offer plenty of lease deals and financing options for you to consider. Contact us today or use our payment calculator to help you find out more about what you can afford.
Disclaimer: *22 city/26 highway mpg (2019 Atlas 2.0L, 8-speed automatic transmission). EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.
More from Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles
Drive Bigger is the major Volkswagen event of the summer, and the team here at Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles is proud to be part of the movement! Did you know that public school teachers in the U.S. spend an average of $479 on school supplies each year? For the rest of the summer, any driver who takes a…
The 2019 Volkswagen Beetle has all of the classic charms of the original, and although this will be the Beetle’s last year of production, it’s hard not to be excited about it’s unique and exciting features. Of course, one of the best parts choosing this iconic model involves picking out your favorite Volkswagen Beetle color!…
The long awaited 2019 Volkswagen Arteon has finally arrived in Sterling, VA, and each day, more and more folks are learning what sets it apart! We previewed it for you back in 2017, and today we’ve provided a general overview of the final 2019 VW Arteon specs for our friends and neighbors. Find out if…