2019 Volkswagen Tiguan Towing Capacity
If like many Sterling SUV shoppers, you’re considering a mid-sized SUV for its power and cargo capabilities, then the Volkswagen Tiguan might be the right option. The Tiguan not only offers comfortable seating for five adults, making it ideal for your Springfield family, but it delivers up to 1,500 pounds of available towing capability. But that isn’t all the Tiguan has to offer adventurers like you.
Volkswagen Tiguan Engine Specs
The 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan is powered by a potent 2.0L turbocharged, intercooled, 16-valve power plant capable of generating up to 184 hp and 221 lb-ft of peak torque. This engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission with Sport Mode, delivering a balance of power and control to tackle any road.
Additional Tiguan Performance Features
The Tiguan SUV’s powerful engine isn’t the only reason Tysons Corner drivers are choosing it over the competition. A capable drivetrain, advanced driver assist technology, and performance handling features make the Tiguan the total package:
- 4MOTION® AWD: The available AWD system redistributes power to the wheels as needed, providing the traction you need when the road gets wet or icy, and the added control you want the rest of the time.
- Multi-Mode Driving: Adjust the way the Tiguan responds to different driving conditions, including snow, pavement, off-road, and more and get the feel and functionality that suits your driving style.
- Enhanced Stability: The Tiguan can be equipped with seven enhanced stability systems for exceptional control, including electronic stability control, anti-slip regulation, electronic differential lock, anti-lock braking, and engine brake assist.
- Power Steering: An advanced electromechanical power steering system with variable assist automatically adjusts how the Tiguan handles depending on the vehicle’s speed. This provides just the right amount of control no matter what the roads send your way.
- Multi-Link Suspension: For a smoother, more dynamic ride, the Tiguan is equipped with a multi-link rear suspension with coil springs and telescopic dampers, as well as a strut-type front suspension.
Of course, if this isn’t enough, you can always explore the available performance parts designed to add even more zest to your daily drive.
Test Drive a Volkswagen Tiguan at Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles!
Get behind the wheel of a new 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan and see the power of German design first-hand. Schedule a test drive at Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles near Alexandria today and see how much you can save with our current finance and lease specials.
More from Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles
Drive Bigger is the major Volkswagen event of the summer, and the team here at Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles is proud to be part of the movement! Did you know that public school teachers in the U.S. spend an average of $479 on school supplies each year? For the rest of the summer, any driver who takes a…
The 2019 Volkswagen Beetle has all of the classic charms of the original, and although this will be the Beetle’s last year of production, it’s hard not to be excited about it’s unique and exciting features. Of course, one of the best parts choosing this iconic model involves picking out your favorite Volkswagen Beetle color!…
The long awaited 2019 Volkswagen Arteon has finally arrived in Sterling, VA, and each day, more and more folks are learning what sets it apart! We previewed it for you back in 2017, and today we’ve provided a general overview of the final 2019 VW Arteon specs for our friends and neighbors. Find out if…