Electric Car Charging Time For Volkswagen Models

2024 Volkswagen ID.4 Driving
The Volkswagen ID.4 is the first electric SUV on the market, and it is available to reserve at Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles today! Curious about the electric car charging time for your Volkswagen ID.4 or another electric vehicle? Learn more about how long it takes to charge an electric car and your electric car charging options with Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles!

About EV Charging

There are several options available when it comes to charging your electric vehicle. That means that your electric car charging time varies depending on which option you choose, as well as the type, make, and model of your EV. That’s because different EVs have different battery packs with varying charging times. Below are your three main charging options – domestic charging, rapid domestic charging, and public charging.

Domestic Outlet Home Charging (Regular Outlet)

You can charge your electric vehicle via a normal grounded (three-prong) 110V/120V charging outlet (Level 1 Charging). This doesn’t provide the fastest electric car charging time, but it’s a convenient option for topping off some of the charge used during a commute to work in Springfield. Generally speaking, it will take 24 hours or more to reach a full charge with this method.

Installed Brand-Approved Rapid Domestic Charging

When you have a Level 2 Charging station professionally installed at your home, you can expect a quicker charging experience from 240V+ chargers. Think hours, not days. In fact, it typically takes about an hour to reach 80% charge, but the remaining 20% charge will take longer due to a diminishing rate of charging speed.

Public Charging

Charging stations around Tysons Corner are also an option for you. These charging stations vary in type and speed, but they usually provide Level 2 Charging speeds. For the Volkswagen ID.4, the estimated electric car charging time at a public DC fast charger is 70 miles in about 10 minutes. Overall, the Volkswagen ID.4 offers an EPA-estimated driving range of 275 miles.

Find Your Electric Vehicle Near Alexandria

Ready to get behind the wheel of an electric vehicle near Alexandria? Browse our new Volkswagen inventory online before you visit Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles in Sterling! Don’t hesitate to connect with us if you have any questions before you visit.

 

More from Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

  • 2024 Volkswagen Atlas Overview

    Versatile and spacious, the 2024 Volkswagen Atlas is perfect for families. With its three rows of seating, there’s room for everyone and everything you need for your trips in Tysons Corner and Springfield. But the Volkswagen Atlas is more than just a spacious and versatile SUV. With a large selection of Volkswagen Atlas packages, you can…

  • 2024 Volkswagen Tiguan Overview

      The 2024 Volkswagen Tiguan for sale at Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles is a standout in the automaker’s already impressive lineup. This midsize SUV provides an ideal balance of sportiness and sophistication, making it a truly versatile ride for the roads of Tysons Corner, Springfield, and beyond. Below, we take you through some key features of this world-class vehicle,…

  • How Often Should You Replace Your Cabin Air Filter?

     More News Contact Us Many components require replacement and maintenance on your vehicle, including the cabin air filter. You may be wondering, “How often should I change the cabin air filter?” Whether you’re a new vehicle owner in Springfield or not, it’s understandable if you’re not sure what this item is or what it…

Menu

Get Directions

22455 Lindsay Cars Court, Sterling, VA, 20166

Saved Vehicles

You don't have any saved vehicles!

Look for this Save icon

Once you've saved some vehicles, you can view them here at any time.

Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles 38.9978364, -77.4331695.